Friday, May 22, 2009

Responding


The letter to myself, in the post below, was written while I was a freashman. I know, it shows right? That was such a long time ago. It doesnt seem like it though, when I'm reading that. It seems like I'm just talking to myself. Well, in a way I am I supose. So I figured that I'd answer some of my own questions to myself.

Well, my weight went up. I weighed 191 then, and I weigh 210 now. That doesnt seem like much but when you think about it it really is a lot. I'm working on it though. My hair is Pink and Black again, just recently dyed, though its not long as it was then. It used to be down to my sholders. now, it just barely reaches my ears in the frount!

Obviously, I no longer have that ring. I lost it soon after to Terry McClure. I regret it now, because it really did mean a lot to me and I was hoping to give it to the man I love. It was a beautiful rose ring that was silver, and I adored it. But now, I have a new promise to myself. I have another ring on my left hand middle finger, a knotted heart, reminding me that no matter what, I'm still strong and I'm still me.

I'm still best friends with Lizz, though I dont talk to any of the others anymore. April, every once in awhile, comes over and bugs me on the computer, but otherwise Lizz is the only one I see anymore. Which is perfectly fine with me after everything else I've been through, dating Justin a coupple months after Terry, then Jon after that. I really wish that I could reach back in time and tell myself that Terry was a bad person, but I guess I cant now. I cant believe I actually had a crush on the bastard.

I dont talk to any of the online people anymore, not even Casey. I regret not talking to him but, we grew apart. Things got hard for me and he didnt come online anymore. The others either got mad at me or just got annoying.

Grandma won the costody battle but we never got anything from Howard after that. That was probably the only thing he's ever done out of love for us kids.

When I read that letter, I can see in my mind's eye how much I've changed. Back then, I was so nieve and carefree, now the burdens of life weigh my sholders and hamper my thoughts. But thats all right. Reading that letter reminded me of my goals, my passion for life. I used to write a lot. All the time in fact. I think I'll pick it up again. But then I wasnt very independant, not like I am now. I'm not perfect, far from, but at least I know that. I also know that I can achieve my goals, no matter how hard it may seem. I had faith in myself then, and I've found that faith now.

1 comments:

Chibi said...

Hi! :)

Isn't writing letters to yourself that you can read later so cool? One of my writing teachers got us to do that when I was sixteen. She said she'd mail it to us whenever we want. If she does, I'm supposed to get mine at the end of this year (wow, five years when by fast) but I'm not sure if she will.

At least when you read the letter, you can tell how much you've improved. But it also gives you the ability to remember the kinds of things you liked about yourself that you might have lost touch with. Maybe you should write another letter NOW that you can read in a couple of years.