Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shop-a-holic Mayhem


All right, I have a problem. A big one. One that may just ruin my life if I dont take care of it right now. Its also one that I think a lot of american women have. Its called impulsive shopping.
I walk into a store, I see something cute or shiney or pretty and I automatically throw it into the cart. At the end of the hour I have a full cart. I realize this, and i go to a far corner of the store and I empty it. Well, most of it. The rest I take back to grandma to buy, or with me to the check out. If i have my check book with me then there is NO stopping me. Today, I went to the Family Dollar. I went for bedsheets, came out with 91.00 worth of stuff that I didnt need. And the real kicker, I didnt have enough money in my checkbook. I had like 82 dollars, thanks to my other trip yesterday to Walmart. I went in for a bathing suit. It cost 33. I didnt need any of the other things, I just WANTED them. Now, how am I going to cover that Nine something that I was over? I have no idea. I also got myself a Credit Card. Mistake. Of chourse, I didnt go on a shopping spree with it, which is good, but I also spent money like I was a millionare. Subway for everyone! Yeah, right.
What am I suposed to do now? I know I have this problem but every time I go into ANY store, be it the grocery store or a mall, I have to buy something. I've noticed though when I have cash and a limited ammount of it I dont spend as much. Am I suposed to carry cash around for the rest of my life?

Someone, if you read this and have the same problem as I, please help. I dont know what to do and I'm very lucky that I cought it now.

0 comments: