Sunday, September 6, 2009

Whats Wrong With ME?

Why cant I be pretty? I look at all these anime girls, like the one above, and I find myself thinking that. I watch these success stories- like the ones on TLC and such. And I watch these commercials like the Ali and the Hydroxi Cut and such. I have tried things, prescription and non prescription, and nothing seems to work. At the beginning of every school year for the past 5 years I have been inspired to join the local gym, Thorp Fitness, and I end up not going. Thats money wasted. I'm watching this show about a guy named Chris Powell who lost over 400 pounds the natural way. His personal trainer is now his best friend, and they run the website Reshape the Nation. I want to join, but then I think that wait, I'll have to pay for it.

Watching these shows always does one of two things: makes me want to eat myself to death or motivates me to exorcise. Today its doing a bit of both. I want a clean house, I want a healthy body, I want to be...normal. My younger brother often asked my grandmother why he couldnt be normal. Now I wounder the same thing.

1 comments:

Chibi said...

I've thought that SO many times myself. In my family, I'm the only one who is significantly overweight. Sometimes I wonder if it's my fault, if it's genetics, my parents, or just a cruel twist of the univerise. Or all of the above (and more). Doing something about it seems so hard... It's like emptying the ocean with a teaspoon. And I think, why can't I have just been born like all of those other girls?

I've often promised myself that when I move out of my parent's house (sometime in 2010), I'm going to dedicate myself to getting in better shape. I think that maybe I need that change of pace. It's hard when people are always observing what you do. But that's a long way off, and it's hard to deal with the now when all you have are the dreams of someday, isn't it?