Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ages of Today

Again with the prompts! Tehe today Spirit and I compared our two pieces about stars. I wrote a poem, she wrote a short story. Both were good and unique in their own way (though I still think hers was better lol).

So I decided that it was my turn to give a prompt. The issue i came up with is Age. Its one that I've been noticing more and more around my school, work, and even in my friends. So, well, here it goes.


Has anyone else besides me noticed that the younger generations are aging quicker than usual? I mean, for instance. When I was a freshman (omg I'm actually saing when I was...) I respected my seniors. Think about it: the little kids are suposed to be scared of and look up to the big kids right? WRONG!!
Over the past two years in my high school, we have been getting freshmen that think that they're better than us upper class men. Its almost as if the roles have been reversed. The meanest kids in school are now the freshmen and the wimps are now the older kids. I've even noticed this in the younger generations too.
I used to be a youth teacher helper for awhile last semester. I noticed that the kids in 3-5th grade were acting more like teenagers than their age. Makeup, purses, clothes in the latest "fashion" and all that jazz. I couldnt understand why. I mean, my class acts their age. Well, except for me, but I've had a lot in my life that has contributed to it. It just seems like as we grow older, younger, we start to lose the idea of childhood. But maybe its just me...

0 comments: