Friday, March 7, 2008

Animal Companions

This is the fourth prompt between Spirit and myself. This was from...what....a few days ago? I got sick so I didn't get a chance to respond until now. This prompt is one I chose because well I was staring at my cat Kira thinking about what I should do for my prompt and I came up with this.

You know how animals are always with us in some way shape or form? We all have our own little 'watchdog' so to speak with us at all times. I call them our Animal Guardians, some call them Animal Companions. Usually they are only with us in Spirit since many of us have the exotic type. But there are few of us that are lucky enough to find the physical embodiment of our guardians, such as myself. My guardian is a very large female black panther or jaguar, I'm not entirely positive which. When my grandmother decided to let me have an animal, I immediately chose a cat and we went to the humane society. It might have cost us an arm and a leg to get her, but I got Kira and I soon found out that she was the physical embodiment of my animal guardian. She's protective, playful, energetic, watchful, motherly, and all the things that my guardian is. I think she might have some of my mother's essence in her as well but thats another story.

My point is, we all have an animal companion. The sooner you find yours, the more protected you will become.

0 comments: