Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blarg: Episode 2

My god so much has happened….I cant believe that there are only 20 days left of school! And that means that there are only 31 days until I see Jake again….hopefully, at least. I think that it’ll happen, because when he comes up this time, I’m going to be going back with him. But, first off.

Yesterday was exactly 2 years since my grandpa died. I had been having a really shitty day, crying all the time and just being miserable. I didn’t even eat today at lunch. I didn’t know why I was feeling so shitty until I got home and grandma said that she wanted to go visit the grave. Then it hit me.

I remember that day, vividly. Not as vividly as I remember the day of my mother’s death though. I know that it was a Sunday he died on. He had just seen the priest for the last time. He could barely talk….god It was so sad to see him like that. No one but me could understand him. I held his hand, and I remember he weakly grasped it, and said something about a windmill? That was my grandpa. You’d think his last words would be something like I love you or something, but no he was more concerned about his projects. I was sitting next to him as he died. I felt oddly calm about it. I stayed with his body until they shut off his pacemaker, which was making him jump and giving him shocks to try to bring him back. But we all knew that he would never be coming back. I saw my mom that night, in my dreams. She told me not to worry. Grandpa was fine, with his mom and brothers and sisters that had passed before him. I didn’t cry until almost six months after the fact, because I had to be strong for grandma and Michael. I remember going through his stuff. Everyone took what they wanted, and the rest was either burned or given away or packed in storage. His tools are still sitting in the basement, and his painstaking organization has all gone to waste.

1 comments:

Akii Lee said...

What about the part when your bestest, best friend ever came over and made you feel good? X3 Don't forget, she was really sexy!