Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Forgotten Memories

This is another prompt (suprise suprise) that I came up with. After reading a part of Spirits blog, found at Written Whispers, I was appalled at the crimes that some commit on our dead. It made me think about my own hometown graveyard, and how people can be so disrespectful. A few months back, vandals had trashed the old part of the St. Burnard St.Hedwig graveyard. The part where all the original settlers of Thorp (hometown, dont ask) were buried. The headstones were all in Polish and German, and most were over 200 years old. And they were trashed. The damages added up over 12,000 dollars, and still not all were repaired because they couldnt find the living relatives. They even harmed my MOTHER'S stone...*growls, hisses* I was so mad. How could anyone do such a thing? And still laugh about it? If I ever find who did that to my mom's stone, I'll kill them. No kidding.

0 comments: